Thursday, September 29, 2005

A letter from home

This is too good not to share. A note from another Houston friend:

HATE you missed the non-Hurricane. It was actually pretty fun, since everyone left town and nothing happened. I tried to loot the TJ Maxx. Carried a brick over there but the front of the store was boarded up. Dropped the brick and chipped my toenail polish so I went and got a pedicure instead. God bless Vietnamese nail salons. Neither wind, nor rain, nor . . .

This returns me to my original idea of selling the US postal system to Vietnamese immigrants. The service would be friendlier. We'd get mail twice a day like James Joyce did in Dublin, and it would cost 15 cents to mail a letter.

Just got an e-mail from Peter. Sounds like he's back and settled. We'll look after him, change the water in his bowl every now and then. May take him out for a run when the weather cools, which should be Friday, we hear.

I replied to thank her for looking after Peter and agree that having the Vietnamese run the postal service was a brilliant idea. And while we're at it, how about outsourcing the military to Switzerland? Sounds like something our president can get behind; he loves outsourcing. Private enterprise, and stuff like that. . . .

I tried to add a picture or two, but the blogger wont take them. I was going to show you some of the stairs I go up each day several times and point out how many steps they contain and how they are OUTDOORS. But I guess I won't do that . . .

4 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger eliza said...

I like her! a lot, my knees feel for your knees.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Sepal said...

I thought Mark Twain sent you the note.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Patricia Golemon said...

She is funny,no coube about it. Should be making her living in Vegas but I'd miss her, so I'm glad she's where she is!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Patricia Golemon said...

For inquiring minds, coube is originnally from the Greek and loosely translates doubt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home