Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Arrival in Taiwan!

We are in our room in the Friends Hotel in downtown Taipei, where everyone is a model of courtesy and decorum. No kidding, I'm serious. The hotel manager told us we could not check in until noon (we arrived at the Taipei airport about 4:30 a.m. and at the hotel about 6:45) and then a few minutes later he gave us a room to use til we checked in and then still later brought the luggage to the room while we were having tea deciding what to do til noon. In any case, we are settled in a hotel, a typhoon is blowing on the streets below, and I intend to take a nap. More later. This is fun!

3 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Gene K. said...

Hello to you both, and "Happy Tomorrow"! I've rarely written to someone in the future - I hope you will have been enjoying yourselves already! (Please excuse the misuse of the pluperfect tense...)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger K. A. Laity said...

Happy Tomorrow from me, too!

Glad to hear you both arrived safely and things are well. Rest and recover from your long journey. We can't wait to hear all the adventures.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Patricia Golemon said...

Hi Gene,
I love your pluperfect. It was really a strange feeling to "give Tuesday a miss" yesterday. And I certainly don't want it back at the end of a long trip! What wierd people we are to try to control eveything, even the name of the day the sun comes up. We could just say Weekday and Weekend day, perhaps. Or yesterday, today, and tomorrowl That's really enough planning for me. What do you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home